Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Back to blogging...

I've been exceedingly busy of late. I've completely reshaped my life and I'm trying to grab control by being proactive instead of reactive.

Some things I've accomplished as of late:

  • Altered my sleep schedule to allow for more time in the morning, including a morning run or bike (and eventually a swim if the pool was open earlier during the summer). Even my roommate is getting up with me at 6:15 to hit the pavement!

  • Made my bed every morning for weeks now. This is a major accomplishment in my book. I never used to do that.

  • Converted my diet from primarily eating out to grocery-based meals. My diet is about 85% unprocessed foods now. I rarely eat fast-food or heavily manufactured food. The cravings for those things are ending.

  • Stopped being overtly lazy at work. Actively pursuing work during idle periods.

  • Layed out a plan for managing my finances for the next 3 years. The goal is to be debt free in the shortest amount of time possible.

  • Started spending more time actually studying stocks and other investments. Actively participating in online fantasy stock markets. Currently, making on average 16-18% on my portfolios. Next step, do it for real.

  • Trying to eliminate all deconstructive negativity and mental blocks.

  • Turned off the freaking TV during the work-week. I watch The Daily Show over breakfast (via DVR) and the local news after work. That's it. Next up, turn off the TV on the weekends. Contemplating canceling cable altogether. I've grown to recognize how mind-numbingly boring the vast majority of TV really is.



Things I need to accomplish:

  • Spend more time with my friends.

  • Make new friends.

  • Take a vacation.



The sad part is that I've been told to do these things all of my life, but I never took them to heart. No one around me was actively trying to improve themselves, so I never tried to either. Fortunately, I have come across various people who not only discuss self-betterment on a frequent basis, but also act on it. This has been the catalyst for me.

No comments: